Tuesday 18 June 2013

This week at a glance (Haze & Job Hunting)

I apologise for not actively posting lately for I have been busy with my job interviews and preparations. I have planned entries such as posting a recipe on osmanthus jelly, updates on my eye health, fennel tea etc. I will post them soon over the next few weeks. Do bear with me.


Taken from my bedroom window
 

Image credits: Channel NewsAsia


These few days, the smokey haze situation in Singapore has been really bad. The Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) exceeds 100, which is considered unhealthy, at certain times of the day in different parts of Singapore. This is partly a result of forest fires, caused by deforestation, in Indonesia. Burning the forest fire is known as the quickest way to clear the land for agricultural or commerical purposes.
Of course, though i mention that my eyes are still healed, it is always on the road to recovery as i can feel my eyes irritated by the haze very easily. I am still taking note of the things i eat. Will definitely share more once i found the perfect formula.

Tips on how YOU can cope with haze:
  1. Drink more herbal tea such as chrysanthemum tea/honeysuckle flower tea/green tea when you feel dryness at the eyes, nose & throat
  2. Boil herbal soups for detoxification (green bean soup, radish soup, watercress soup)
  3. Eat more vegetables to build up your immune system.
  4. If necessary, wear a mask when you head outdoors. (if it is really bad)
  5. Cut down on outdoor activities for now.Good time to invest in more yoga or pilates activities.
  6. If your eyes are irritated, wash your eyes with Optrex Eye Bath often. If not convenient, just grab a bottle of eye drops.

Recently, I have been preparing my job interviews to get into my dream industry. I was almost so close to getting it when i received a rejection email yesterday. It was kinda sad for me as I was the final 2 candidates shortlisted but eventually they chose the other candidate over me. I guess it was all right. Every moment has its ups and downs. I know it is never easy to get it but i will still try. All hope is not lost yet. Various interviews have taught me what and how to prepare for interviews and i am truly grateful for the experiences different interviews have offered me.

I also noticed that there are many silent viewers on my blog page over the past weeks. If you have any eye concern (especially dry eyes/red/itchy), i welcome you to talk to me. I have gone through the emotional turmoil with this chronic eye problem and I cannot again emphasise the importance of talking about your struggles with your loved ones and friends. You can email me at josieeprt@gmail.com if you have any issues. I look forward to reading your emails.

Beautiful Day of my Life: I have the courage to climb up again with every failure/rejection i receive. 






No comments:

Post a Comment