Thursday 13 June 2013

Eye Health Assessment



My Happy Purchase of Contacts! (Have regained optimal health for eyes!)



I went for an eye checkup a few days ago, but I did not have the time to write down my experience and the results of my eye health assessment on that day.

I constantly experience a slight stinging feeling when i insert my Acuvue Trueye into my eyes (oh yes, have recently started wearing contact lenses). After reflecting my concern to Acuvue, a kind lady from their Professional Affairs Department contacted me very soon via phone and email. They asked me some questions and recommended that I go for an eye examination to check my eyes. It is definitely a logical step to check one's eyes to exclude the possibility that my eye condition influence the comfort of wearing contact lenses.

The eye health examination was quite long. I am truly grateful for the extensive examiniation procedure provided by the optometrist - measured the curvature of my eyes, my overall eye health using the instruments & tried ways to wear contact lens comfortably. Alas, I managed to find out the way of wearing contact lens comfortably into my eyes.

Results of everything:
  1. My eyes are in perfect health!
  2. The possible reason for contact lens discomfort is due to the strong buffered saline solution Acuvue used to store their dailies. Therefore, people whose eyes are sensitive (like mine), will likely to experience some discomfort.  A solution to cope with the possible discomfort was to always rinse my contact lenses with fresh contact lens solution before inserting into the eyes.
I was truly over the moon when i heard that my eyes are in good health! I will continue to maintain my myopia degree and make sure my eye health does not deteriorate! Happily purchased another 2 boxes of Acuvue Trueye since my current supply is ending soon. The optometrist was very kind to insert extra pairs of contact lenses for me, with a small sample bottle of Opti Free Pure Moist.  They also allow this flexibility for me to change my contact lense boxes if my eyesight were to improve or deteriorate. In the meantime, i also vow to myself that i would go for annual eye-checkup.

Note: Today, I have tried wearing contact lenses for 9 hours. It feels all right. But i did not have any mirror to check my eye health. My friends say my eyes do look slightly tired, with slight redness. I guess it takes time for my eyes to be completely healed. I look forward to that day!
Beautiful Day of My Life: I feel excited living a fresh new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment